There was a time, not so long ago, that if you lost power for any length of time, it was something you probably viewed more as a nuisance than a calamity.That was then.Today, our homes require much more power to run our appliances, home comfort systems, computers, home entertainment equipment and more. It could prove very costly to lose power for an extended period of time. And that doesn’t even factor in the obvious health risks for family members who can’t properly be treated at home without electrical power.That’s why Frank & Lindy offers you whole-house generators. A whole-house, automatic standby generator offers numerous advantages over portable generators:
- The American Red Cross recommends permanently installed standby generators as a safer way to provide backup power to a home than a portable generator.
- With an automatic standby generator properly installed outside, your home is protected from deadly carbon monoxide poisoning that is a much greater risk with portable generators.
- Running on the home’s natural gas or LP fuel supply, it is less expensive to run than gasoline and does not need to be refilled.
- They start automatically within seconds of a power outage, and eliminate the need to haul a portable generator outside or run extension cords throughout your home.
Frank and Lindy want to keep your Westchester homes out of the dark with the efficient and affordable whole house generator.
Only a whole-house generator can provide uninterrupted power for days on end that will power the entire home.One of the key features of a whole house generator is the automatic transfer switch, which is designed to turn the unit on as soon as it detects that there has been an electrical power failure. Even if the voltage suddenly drops due to a fluctuation, the automatic transfer switch disconnects the house from the grid and the whole house generator takes over the job of providing your home with continuous power at the proper voltage. A whole-house generator automatically turns itself off, too. That means there’s no need for you to be running outside to turn the unit on or off manually. In the meantime, you’ll enjoy the benefits of uninterrupted power, 24/7, as if the power outage never occurred. While whole-house generators vary in size, they are roughly the same size as an AC condensing unit, which means they won’t take away from aesthetic appeal of your home.At Frank & Lindy, we have several options to choose from…including the right sized generator for your home and your budget. Contact us today, and we’ll tell you more.
Portable Generators, Too!
Frank & Lindy also provides gas-powered portable generators, but with one major difference: we handle all the wiring and set-up for you. We’ll install an outlet to code along with a manual transfer switch at the time of installation. That way you’ll be prepared the next time you lose power AND rest easier knowing professional installation means safer operation.
A transfer switch is an electrical device that is installed next to your home electrical panel. It connects in advance to the circuits that you wish to power during an electrical outage.
This allows you to power these circuits by connecting the generator to the transfer switch, instead of having to run extension cords to various items.
Why do I need a transfer switch?
- A transfer switch is required by the National Electric Code for any connection of power to a home.
- A transfer switch is the only safe way to directly connect the generator to your home.
- A transfer switch is the easiest way to power your home during an outage.
Running extension cords to and from appliances can be awkward and time consuming. Plus, certain items like your furnace or well pump can only be powered by a transfer switch and not by an extension chord.
- With a transfer switch, you can easily turn on and off various circuits to accommodate changing power needs. That means a smaller, more affordable generator might just provide all the power you need at any given time.
Whole-house or portable generator, Frank & Lindy is here to keep the lights burning and the motors running, power outage or not.